Macedonia Residents have an important vote coming up on November 6th. Here are the facts:
- The City of Macedonia has quadrupled in population in the last 30 years. Our staff and funding has not.
- Every home built in the city is a net loss for the city in revenue as we receive only 9% of property tax dollars. A typical homeowner pays about $300 to the city of Macedonia while receiving over $2600 in services (police, fire, service, etc.)
- Industry and retailers won’t save us as the average big box store generates less than $100,000 per year in tax dollars.
- To further complicate things the State of Ohio has cut city funding dramatically. We’ve lost an average of $630,000 per year for the last 5 years. Cities across the state are posting levies to offset these losses.
- Staffing levels have decreased by 25% since 1990 while demand has increased by 40%. Macedonia is the poster child for “doing more with less”.
- Issue 20 is a payroll tax of 0.25% for people working in Macedonia. A 1 Mill fire levy is expiring that will lower property taxes.
- Passing Issue 20 will put Macedonia on even footing for the first time in many years and help us secure a stronger future for our city.
Vote YES on Issue 20 on November 6th
Treasurer, Citizens For A Strong Macedonia
1286 Laurel Drive
Submit your letter to the editor to firstname.lastname@example.org