May 24, 2017
- A detailed copy of fire department activity is available upon request.
- As of May 24th , 2017, NVFD responded to a total of 284 incidents. We responded to a total of 814 incidents in 2016. 238 of those incidents were EMS related and 46 incidents were FIRE related.
- NVFD has provided mutual aid for 13 incidents, provided automatic aid 9 times, and received mutual aid for 8 incidents and automatic aid for 1 Incidents. (Total MA received in 2013 was 13, 2014 was 15, 2015 was 22, 2016 was 28)
- NVFD’s average response time from time of call till time on scene is 3:20
- As mutual and automatic aid has increased, our overall response time has been increased on average
Fire Inspector / Prevention Report (May 24th, 2017)
- 26 Annual Fire Inspections have been completed
- 5 Hood/Duct/Alarm/Sprinkler Tests have been completed
- 29 Standby Events at Hard Rock Rocksino
Bowen Building Review – Process is ongoing, have had meeting with all departments that will be involved in the process.
May 4th House Fire – At approximately 415AM, Northfield Village Fire Department responded to a working structure fire at 53 Beach Avenue in Northfield. The resident of the structure was able to escape the fire prior to the fire department’s arrival. She was later taken to a local emergency room for evaluation for issues not related to the fire. The fire appears to have started in the kitchen area of the home and the exact cause is undetermined at this time. The home suffered significant smoke, fire and heat damage. The resident’s dog died in the fire. No firefighters were injured during firefighting activities and the fire was brought under control at about 435AM. Macedonia, Twinsburg, Oakwood Fire Departments and Valley Fire District all assisted Northfield in fighting the fire.
Fire Hydrants – NVFD completed its annual fire hydrant flushing program earlier this month. The following hydrants are completely out of service at this time and have been forwarded to Cleveland Water for repair: 230 Stratford, North Plaza @ the PD, Corner of Huntington and Cambridge, 129 Vincent, Corner of Lincoln & Steeplechase, 9315 Lincoln, 249 Kennedy & 227 Kennedy (8 Hydrants in Total).
Smoke Detectors – NVFD has at least 60 smoke detectors at this time to be given to residents of Northfield Village who need them. If a resident needs assistance installing a smoke detector, we would be glad to help. If someone just needs a new battery for their smoke detector, we also have those available at the fire station for residents. Smoke detectors have a lifespan of about 10 years, after that they may not function properly. Smoke detectors remain one of the best devices available to alert you of a fire in your home.
Hard Rock Rocksino & NVRC Stats – NVFD responded to 44 medical / 0 fire incidents at the Hard Rock and 36 medical / 1 fire incidents at NVRC Since January 1, 2017.
“Our Family Protecting Yours”