rocksino post ad

On Tuesday afternoon, Macedonia Dispatch received a call from a neighbor saying he heard an alarm and smells smoke coming from an attached condo located at 1005 Canyon View Rd, in Greenwood Village, located in Sagamore Hills. The Macedonia Fire Department (with mutual aide from Northfield Village) was toned out to the fire. First arriving units reported smoke from a locked condo. Firefighters forced the door and made entry to find heavy smoke and a fully involved kitchen fire. Another team of Firefighters performed a primary search of the residence and found a dog barely breathing. The dog was treated with oxygen from our specially designed k9 oxygen masks recently donated by the Invisible Fence Company and transported to the Sagamore Hills Animal Hospital where he was treated and expected to survive. Northfield Village Firefighters were mutual aided to assist Macedonia in the operations. Also, Brecksville Fire was mutual aided to handle another call unrelated to the fire. One Person was treated and released for smoke inhalation at the scene. The occupant of the condo was not at home at the time of the fire. The fire is currently under investigation.

The dog’s life was saved, although the kitchen suffered heavy smoke/fire damage. A BIG THUMBS UP to all the fireman who rescued Windsor. Dennis Peters from the Sagamore Hills Animal Hospital had this to say!