By Victor Milani
The Northfield Village Council meeting had no legislation pending. Councilman Keith Czerr continued to question the feasibility of a stop light at Rt.8 and Heights. Ave. Northfield Village Engineer Rich Wasosky explained that it would cost $200,000 to install it, and that a traffic survey would NOT ALLOW the placement of the light regardless.
1. Salt – We have ordered 800 tons this season so far and currently have about 100 tons of salt on hand.
2. Pot Holes – Pot holes have been patches, once we plow many of them will be back as usual. If anyone knows of an area that needs patching please email me.
3. Point of Sale Inspections – For the year of 2017 there were 77 point of sale inspections completed, with 66 of the homes sold. In 2018 to date we have completed 19 point of sale inspections on residential properties, and 9 of those homes have sold.
4. Property Violations – For the year of 2017 we sent out 42 zoning violation notices. In 2018 we currently have 4 property violations pending.
5. Vehicles/Equipment – Maintenance is up to date on all vehicles and equipment.
6. Ledge Rd Phase 2 Project – There will be a bid opening for Ledge Rd on 3/12/18 at 3pm. At Village Hall.
7. McDonald’s Renovation Project – They have scheduled the project to start on 3/19/18.
Harold J. Walters
Village of Northfield Fire Department
– A detailed copy of any fire department activity is available upon request.
– Call Statistics – As of February 28th, 2018 NVFD responded to a total of 126 incidents in 2018. Of NVFD’s total responses, 108 (86%) of those incidents were EMS related and 18 (14%) incidents were FIRE related.
– Mutual Aid Report – In 2018, NVFD provided mutual aid for 5 incidents, provided automatic aid 1 times, and received mutual aid for 5 incidents and automatic aid for 1 Incidents. (Total MA received in 2013 was 13, 2014 was 15, 2015 was 22, 2016 was 28, 2017 was 26)
– NVFD’s Average Response Time from time of call till time on scene is 3:55
– Hard Rock Rocksino & NVRC Stats – NVFD responded to 25 medical / 0 fire incidents at the Hard Rock and 16 medical / 0 fire incidents at NVRC in 2018
Fire Inspector / Prevention Report (Ending February 28, 2018)
– 17 Annual Fire Inspections have been completed
– Hood/Duct/Alarm/Sprinkler Tests have been completed
– 15 Standby Events at Hard Rock Rocksino
Department News / Upcoming Events
Part Time Lieutenant Promotional – Written test is set for March 14th & 15th
Additional Part Time Firefighters – I have four (4) part time firefighters I plan to bring to the March 14th meeting for approval. I will forward info on each to each council person.
Village Building Improvements – Continued talks with Bowen, will be referred to the Mayor to start discussions with the Law Director and Council.