The Eleanor Block

The Eleanor Block, was built in 1927 by William Lockhart, a year after he moved to Northfield Center. Originally large letters spelled out
“E-l-e-a-n-o-r” on the front of the stucco fronted masonry building They have been gone for a long time.
Few people today realize that the block was named for Mrs. Leonard Stepro a Kindergarten teacher at Ledgeview School and Lee Eaton. Mrs. Stepro is the former Eleanor Lockart, a daughter of the block’s builder.

Facebook Source: Palmer House Museum

Related Articles

Latest Articles